If you are concerned that your account with us has been compromised by the recent hacking incedents are retail locations, please contact our office. We can reissue you a new debit or credit card (fees may apply) or help you look at your account.
Please make sure to always monitor your account to see suspicious activity as early as possible.
- Password protect all mobile devices
- Change passwords on a regular basis
- Do not store usernames or passwords on any devices
- Do not click on links or open attachments from unfamiliar sources
- Keep your mobile devices with you and secure at all times
- Notify your wireless carrier if your mobile device is lost or stolen, so that it can be deactived.
- Check your AAFCU account frequently to monitor for suspicious activity, and alert the AAFCU if something seems suspicious
- The AAFCU will not, nor will any other reputable business, contact you via text message, email, or phone requesting personal information (such as SSNs, account numbers, or cred/debit card numbers)