TWO NEW ALERTS
Sally Beauty Holdings
If you have recently made a purchase at a Sally Beauty Holding store, please check your account to verify the transactions and report any that look suspicious.
Cardholders may receive what appear to be automated phone calls or texts telling them that their ATM/debit cards are locked. The automated message asks call recipients to “Press 1,” where they are to enter their 16-digit card number. Once this is done, the automated message then requests the call recipient to enter their 4-digit PIN number. Your credit union will NEVER ask you for this information, do not give anyone you do not trust your card number or PIN number. If you are concerned that your account has been compromised, please contact your credit union.
Please be aware that there is a $10 replacement fee for all debit and credit cards after the first instance.
If you are concerned that your account with us has been compromised by the recent hacking incedents are retail locations, please contact our office. We can reissue you a new debit or credit card (fees may apply) or help you look at your account.
Please make sure to always monitor your account to see suspicious activity as early as possible.
- Password protect all mobile devices
- Change passwords on a regular basis
- Do not store usernames or passwords on any devices
- Do not click on links or open attachments from unfamiliar sources
- Keep your mobile devices with you and secure at all times
- Notify your wireless carrier if your mobile device is lost or stolen, so that it can be deactived.
- Check your AAFCU account frequently to monitor for suspicious activity, and alert the AAFCU if something seems suspicious
- The AAFCU will not, nor will any other reputable business, contact you via text message, email, or phone requesting personal information (such as SSNs, account numbers, or cred/debit card numbers)